Last Saturday we went with the Renfroe family and Snow family on a hike to a state park only 30 min. away. It is only a 1 1/2 mile loop with caves and waterfalls. It's a perfect hike for families and we had a great time. Matthew was held the whole time in backpack carrier, so no complaints there, and Carter had plenty of rocks to throw in the water. The only thing Carter didn't like were the caves and he screamed when we went near them. So like good nurturing parents we just laughed and took a picture. After we were done we had a picnic by the river. It didn't take long for Carter to be knee deep in the water. On the way home Carson and I talked about how we want to do things like this more often. We are lucky to live in area where outdoor activities are readily available so we might as well take advantage of it. I wonder where our next adventure might be?
Monday, May 19, 2008
Devil's Den State Park
Last Saturday we went with the Renfroe family and Snow family on a hike to a state park only 30 min. away. It is only a 1 1/2 mile loop with caves and waterfalls. It's a perfect hike for families and we had a great time. Matthew was held the whole time in backpack carrier, so no complaints there, and Carter had plenty of rocks to throw in the water. The only thing Carter didn't like were the caves and he screamed when we went near them. So like good nurturing parents we just laughed and took a picture. After we were done we had a picnic by the river. It didn't take long for Carter to be knee deep in the water. On the way home Carson and I talked about how we want to do things like this more often. We are lucky to live in area where outdoor activities are readily available so we might as well take advantage of it. I wonder where our next adventure might be?
Posted by Ammons Family at 2:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks so pretty and green! I love the comment about good nurturing parents- taking a picture. We do that all the time. Poor kids. :)
Oh my GREEN everywhere, how pretty! It was only 105 today and I am still sweating!! Your boys are so cute.
it looks beautiful! It makes me miss some of the scenery I grew up with in the mid-west!
That is gorgeous!
How beautiful! It looks like it was a great hike.
Post a Comment