Last week Carson and I went to a friends birthday party. The theme was 80's and everyone had to dress up from that era. It was hilarious to see everyones outfits. Some people played it safe(like Carson) and others went all out. There was a special performance by "Bloody Finger"( it included the birthday boy and a couple of friends) and the highlight was the Karaoke machine. All of us girls opened with signing "Girls Just Wanna have Fun" and the guys sang "She's a Man-eater", Carson dedicated the song to me...thanks a bunch honey. The party was a blast and I can't wait to see what the Hapgood's decide to do next year. I am just glad that I don't have to untangle my hair every night from all the ratting. How did you girls deal with that everyday? Thank heavens I was just a little girl during that time. Carter is glad too that my outfit was just a one time thing. When I was getting dressed for the party and put on my shirt Carter started to whine, "Don't do that mom, don't do that!" I replied, "Don't do what? Don't wear this shirt?" He exclaimed, "Yes, don't do that!" Don't worry Carter I don't think I will be wearing this outfit anytime soon.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
80's Rock
Posted by Ammons Family at 4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You look like a true 80's chic!
Love your blog!!!
You guys look so cute! I love your leggings! Sounds like a fun party.
You look adorable!!!!
In answer to your question about the ratting. I wasn't among them but many of my friends didn't take out the tangles each night. They ratted then spray, then sprayed some more. At night they wrapped their hair in tissue paper, a net, or a brown grocery sack and slept that way so it didn't get messed up. In the morning they just took a pick, pulled it out and sprayed some more. Sometimes this was the routine for 4-5 days - yuk! Itchy heads.
Post a Comment