CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tis the season to reflect on all of our blessings so I thought I should begin this post by reflecting on some of my greatest blessings: A happy and healthy family, warm home, good job, good friends and most importantly the Savior.

I hope that all of you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving and take time to reflect on all the joys that are in this life.

Warning!!! This is a long post. The following is a snapshot of some of the fun things we did this Summer and Fall.

The boys and I went to a pumpkin patch this fall. They had a lot of fun picking out their pumpkins. I even ended up making a pumpkin pie from one of them. However it is not something I plan on doing again. Way too time consuming!



We have season passes to Silver Dollar City this year in Branson, MO so we have spent a lot of time up there throughout the season. Matt wishes he was bigger so he could go on all the fast rides and Carter is content with the toddler rides and doesn't desire to ride on anything faster than a hopping frog. But the highlight for the boys is the train ride. Go figure!
I blogged in August about my families visit to Arkansas and so here are some pictures from the trip.
Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, MO

Adam-ondi-omen


Payton and the boys at the Tulsa Zoo


I wore them out in Eureka Springs, AR
(There are plenty more pictures from the trip but it would make this long post even longer)


The Family and I have been exploring more of Arkansas and one of our favorite spots is War Eagle Mill. In the Fall they have a huge craft fair with hundreds of booths. A friends and I went and had a great time.
In the heat of the summer the boys and I went to a blueberry patch and picked a bucket of berries. They were so good but it took forever to pick them. No wonder why they are so expensive in the store.
Carson's brother Josh got married in September in the OKC Temple. (I don't have any pictures of the wedding or reception, sorry.) So Cindy(Carson's sister) and Sally(Josh's fiancee) decided to take their endowments out in Navuoo, IL. So we all made a quick trip up the weekend before the wedding to participate

There is our Summer and Fall in a flash! I think I am all caught up now. Sorry for the picture overload. I will try to do better about posting more regularly.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Fun! You guys look so cute in front of the temple and I love to hear all the fun things you do that are so different from AZ!

LaNell said...

It would be wonderful to take a "quick trip to Nauvoo". I'm a little jealous. Thanks for the update on your summer. It's a long time between visits and reading your blog helps me feel like I know your little family better. Sure love you and wish your boys were here to pal around with Will.

Carma Lee said...

Enjoyed the update. My posts always have lots of pictures. I'm with you about the pumpkin pie. From scratch takes way too long. Love ya!

The Morrisons... said...

What a fun recap! Look how big your boys are getting? Crazy.