CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Carter!

I know, I know- it has been a long time since I last blogged. On my next blog I will have to do a summary of this summer and fall to try and catch up! But for now it is all about Carter! Last week we celebrated his 4th birthday.



Starting about 3 months before his birthday Carter decided he wanted a Cars birthday party. It was all because of this cake we saw at Sam's club. It had 10 cupcakes and a 5"round cake with a race track on it that Carter thought was awesome. I was happy about it because then I knew I didn't have to make him a cake.


So the activities for the day were all things Cars related. We started off making Liscence plates for their box cars they were also going to decorate.


Here the gang is ready for the races! After they decorated their cars we did a bunch of different races with them: relays, laps and backwards driving. They had a blast and I was so grateful it was nice outside. Could you imagine trying to do something like that in a family room?!

Carter really wanted a pinata. So after looking around for one to purchase I decided I was going to have to make one. Being married to an accountant I began to have a guilty conscience just thinking about spending $20 for something that was going to be torn to bits. So instead I took a box and wrapped it in tissue paper and added tissue fringe and Cars pictures and voila! It took quite a bit of time but apparently my time isn't worth much. Ha ha.

After all the fun and games were over we had lunch and cake and ice cream. All the kids thought it was great to get icing all over their faces. Sorry moms! I thought it was funny. The party went by in a flash and I was so grateful to have my mother-in-law Jean helping me.

Now I have to settle into the fact that I have a 4 year old. I am feeling old all of the sudden. Carson and I are very grateful to have him in our lives and we often comment on how fun Carter is. He has a fun loving personality and is very active, all boy! I often reflect back on the day he was born. The pediatrician came in to check on him and commented on what a Valiant spirit he is. I couldn't agree more and I only hope to be able to raise him to become a Valiant man.

9 comments:

Anne said...

So glad you're back and I can't believe Carter is four- that's crazy!

Love you guys and can't wait to see your big boys!

Liz and Jared said...

Happy Birthday, Carter! I agree that you have such a fun little boy and Jared and I were just talking yesterday about how much we missed being in Sunbeams with us. He could always make us smile and laugh. You guys have done such a great job with him and I'm so lucky to have great examples of parents like you in our ward!

Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan! That pinata is genious! Austen's room is decorated in a Cars theme right now--he insisted. Hope you guys are doing well!

Kristi said...

That party looks adorable! How long will you be here? We have to get together! And if you want, I'd be happy to do some pics of you and your adorable little family! Let me know so we can work out a day!

LaNell said...

Who is that big boy? Carter's baby face is gone. You can feel grown up, because you obviously are, but you are not allowed to feel old because that would make me ancient.

Nick and Ashley said...

Super cute ideas! Seriously you are old, a 4 yr old! haha Time really does go by fast. Happy Birthday Carter.

Jones Family said...

He is such a good lookin kid! Looks like that was a great birthday. I feel old too, having a four year old:-(

Emilee said...

oh my heck, he is lookig just like his dad! how fun! cute kids! i am sad we will miss you too! ihave not seen you in forever!

Carma Lee said...

Glad to see you post again. We miss you. What a big boy Carter is - LaNell is right about you not being old. You're just grown up and that's a good thing when you are doing good things like raising good kids. Have fun with the years as they zoom by!