CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 20, 2009

It was about time!!!


For me Tax day is a joyous time because that means I get my husband back! So finally last Wednesday Carson and I celebrated the end of tax season by zipping off to Hot Springs, AR just the two of us! A special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Ammons for making that happen. We had a great couple of days to just relax and enjoy what Hot Springs had to offer.


Here is a view from the top of Hot Springs National Park. It was a great time to go because everything is blooming and is nice and green.



Most of the Hot Springs are protected but there are a few places where you can see the 145 degree mineral water come out of the ground. They do in fact allow people to fill up water bottles with the water from city faucets that tap into the spring. The local's swear by the healing affects of the water.


We spent most of the day in Hot Springs historical district where we learned a lot about their interesting history of bathhouses and gangsters from the 20's.


On "Bathhouse Row" they have eight beautiful Bathhouses all with their own unique style.


This bathhouse is called "The Buckstaff" and it is the longest running bathhouse from the early 1900's. Only one other bathhouse is open to the public for spa purposes.


The visitor center lets you take a self guided tour of a bathhouse, here is a glimpse into the men's bath chamber. There was marble tile everywhere and a beautiful stained glass ceiling.


We also spent some time near the lake area and had a yummy lunch at Fisherman's Wharf which is literally on the lake. To bad the water was cold it would have been fun to go boating. Carson and I had a great time recovering from tax season and spending time together. Although we both confessed we missed our kids and were anxious to see them. And so now we are back to our normal life. Aaahh! Here we go!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you got to get away! I am looking forward to a nice weekend away pretty soon too! So nice!

Lara said...

Wow! What a great trip. It looks beautiful too. So fun to be alone.

Carma Lee said...

Beautiful spot! Your area of the country is somewhere I've not been. Hope I get to explore those southern states some day - maybe you can show me around!

Emilee said...

lookin' good mo-gan! how fun for you guys! when will i see you next? reunion??? you better be there!

Anne said...

What a beautiful and fun trip! I'm glad you have your hubby back after a long season! :)