The other day wasn't going so well and I felt like I was about to have a nervous break down. Matthew and Mason (a friends boy I babysit) were not wanting to get along, the house was a wreck, I was still in my p.j.'s and it was 11 a.m! There are many more things I could list but there is no need, you get the idea. I decided to try to tackle the Kitchen and began unloading the dishwasher when Carter comes up to me and says, "Mom, what can I help you with?" I was shocked, my mouth literally hung open in astonishment. What did my little 3 year old boy say? I had never heard those words come from his mouth before. That made my day. I was so happy with Carter all I could do was give him kisses and hold back tears.
It is amazing how sometimes you feel like you can barely make it through the day and a simple act of kindness makes it all better, even if it is from a 3 year old. I have been so impressed with Carter lately, it is crazy to see my baby grow up. I just wanted to write this down so I can remember it. Especially on those days when he isn't my little helper.
It is amazing how sometimes you feel like you can barely make it through the day and a simple act of kindness makes it all better, even if it is from a 3 year old. I have been so impressed with Carter lately, it is crazy to see my baby grow up. I just wanted to write this down so I can remember it. Especially on those days when he isn't my little helper.
14 comments:
that is so sweet! bayle has yet to say those words...i hope someday! hopefully your days are getting better! i love you! i hope to see you at the reunion for reals this year!
what a sweet boy. my oldest is also so helpful...especially with the younger ones. it's comforting knowing that they will have a good example!
What a sweetie! That's so nice he's figuring that out. I'm excited you're coming to AZ and can't wait to see you!
Those are my favorite stories. It seems like they always come up with something like that when they know you need it most. It makes us remember how precious they are. Sweet boy:)
It's so nice when they go and redeem themselves...sounds like such a sweet boy.
that is an adorable story! What a sweet little boy you have!
That is adorable! And if it makes you feel any better I didn't get out of my pjs until around 3:30 yesterday. lol. I spent the entire morning cleaning my disaster of a house and then finally I got in the shower at 3:30. It felt so good.
That is the sweetest thing! He must have known you needed that.
Ah, I love this! Such a sweetie, with a sweet mommy. Sweetness doesn't just happen, you know! He gets it from you!
P.S. I shouldn't admit it, but sometimes I'm still in my PJ's when it's time to put my PJ's on again...not often, but there are those days...
When are you coming to AZ?
How sweet is that. He was feeling your frustration! Those are so hard but, those moments are priceless.
I meant those DAYS are so hard. Sorry.
Yep, the sweetness of your child can sure turn a day around.
What a sweet boy. You've got a good one there (I mean two.)
Post a Comment