CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Paella Night


Recently we got together with some friends and had a "Paella Night" at our house. It was a few of our friends that all served their missions in Spain. Above are the boys cooking the paella in the garage.

What's a paella, you might ask? Well its a popular dish served in Spain. The ingredients can be changed but it always consists of rice, peas, onions, peppers, saffron and some type of meat. We had shrimp and chicken in ours. One of the guys had a special paella pan and grill to make it in. The grill can't be wear there is a breeze that's why they cooked it in the garage. The paella truned out great and it was almost to good to eat...almost.


Here's the gang devouring the food. We also served up lots of other Spanish food like Spanish cheese and grapes, Spanish olives, tortilla de potata, and flan. It all was very tasty, although I wasn't a huge fan of the olives and cheese, but it was fun to try them. Carson said the only thing missing were pastries. Spain has yummy pastries, supposedly. Maybe next time we have a Spanish night we will have them or I guess he could just take me to Spain to try them. We'll see:)

4 comments:

Emilee said...

wow, that looks good, i think! how fun! how are ya??? you guys coming out for x-mas?? we will be there!

deargoodness said...

That looks very tasty, and like lots of fun! And if I was you, I'd definently try for the trip to Spain.

Caralee said...

I've heard how good paella is. It looks so yummy.

Carma Lee said...

I think he should take you to Spain! My favorite of all those is flan - yummy!!