Christmas for me is the Holiday of all Holiday's. And one of things I love most about it are the traditions. Looking back at my childhood, Christmas traditions are what makes up my most of my Christmas memories: Christmas lights on Christmas Eve, Eggs a la golden Rod for Breakfast, and making Cheese Balls(our family secret recipe), just to name a few.
Now with a family of my own we have a few traditions of our own. Two of the boys' favorites are pictured above. The "24 stories of Christmas" book is where we light a candle and read a scripture about the Savior and his birth and then we read a Christmas story. The other tradition is an advent calender. And instead of getting a treat everyday counting down to Christmas, they take off the magnet for the day and it has an activity to do. It is fun to see their excitement of finding out what we are going to do that day. Most of the things are simple like have cocoa and watch a Christmas movie. My hope is that my kids will feel the joy and happiness of the Christmas season as we draw closer as a family and to the Savior.
So I love hearing what other families do. What's your Christmas traditions?... I might want to adopt a few.
Enjoy the Season and Merry Christmas!
Now with a family of my own we have a few traditions of our own. Two of the boys' favorites are pictured above. The "24 stories of Christmas" book is where we light a candle and read a scripture about the Savior and his birth and then we read a Christmas story. The other tradition is an advent calender. And instead of getting a treat everyday counting down to Christmas, they take off the magnet for the day and it has an activity to do. It is fun to see their excitement of finding out what we are going to do that day. Most of the things are simple like have cocoa and watch a Christmas movie. My hope is that my kids will feel the joy and happiness of the Christmas season as we draw closer as a family and to the Savior.
So I love hearing what other families do. What's your Christmas traditions?... I might want to adopt a few.
Enjoy the Season and Merry Christmas!
1 comments:
So, it's been awhile... Congrats on the sweet baby girl! Babies are so precious! Unfortunately I don't really have special Christmas traditions, I like yours though! We always put out illuminaries and had a white elephant on Christmas Eve, but most of all I remember my Dad's excitement Christmas morning he was always so excited about it. ;)
Post a Comment