CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Razorback Mania




Since we have moved here to Arkansas I have been astonished by the University of Arkansas fans. They are, how should I put it, "hard core". I have never witnessed such enthusiasm for a college team before. Not growing up in Arizona, not even close in Idaho and not in Hawaii. All of my friends here in Arkansas are Razorback fans even the ones not originally from here. They seem mystified by my lack of enthusiasm for the hogs. But I have some good news! Since Tuesday night I am moving closer in the direction of a Razorback fan. No I am not going to wear hog paraphernalia or have a hog statue in my front yard or even have flags on my car. But I can admit I do like watching them play.

Tuesday night Carson and I had tickets to see the basketball team play Texas. The Razorbacks were not even ranked and Texas was ranked #7. The previous week Arkansas beat #4 team Oklahoma, which I assumed was a fluke. So needless to say I did not have much hope for Arkansas. Well I was proven wrong. Arkansas won 67-61! It was an exciting game and a loud one at that. I had a headache afterward because of all the screaming and yelling. So the Hogs are back on the map in basketball after beating two #10 teams in a week. And I now I have greater enthusiasm for the Razorbacks.

This one is for you Carson- "Woooooo Pig Sooie!"

4 comments:

deargoodness said...

Don't you worry, I feel your lack of enthusiasm. When we first moved here there were some of Nate's grad people talking to me while I was waiting for Nate at school. When they asked if we'd gone to any football games yet, I said that we didn't really care to watch it. They just got really quiet and then started talking to each other. I guess they had no more to say to a spirit killer like me. I was hoping that Nate wouldn't get shunned at work after that.

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

You are gorgeous!!! I just thought I would write you a comment and tell you. How have you been? It looks like you have been keeping busy with lots of family and fun things to do. I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. Love you babe!!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

Yeah sorry I didn't realize that you didn't know we are expecting. Actually it is really funny because Alethia and I are due a week apart from each other and Holly is due in May so we are just going to be loaded with new babies in our family this year. I feel like I haven't talked to you or seen you in forever! It looks like you are enjoying the south and it seems to be a beautiful place. Curtis finishes school in the summer so we will be getting a job and moving somewhere hopefully semi-permanent in August. So exciting to finally be done with school. Anyway that is what is up with us.

Caralee said...

How fun!