For many years now Carter has been all about trains but now his interest seems to be shifting to volcanoes. So volcano exploration is all we seem to do now. When we go to the library Matt still gets his train books but Carter insists on Volcano books. Which is great, however non-fiction volcano books are more made for 6th graders and not 4 year olds! Nevertheless Carter still wants me to read it to him. We recently checked out a Volcano movie and it brought back memories of high school geography. Boring! But not for Carter, he found it fascinating and was soon spouting out facts about Volcanoes. Such as, "In 1984 Mt. St. Helens erupted and lava exploded out of it!" Carter also loves playing "Duck, duck, goose" but now he said he wants to play a new game called, "Volcano, volcano, volcano erupting!" I am really enjoying this stage with him. It is so fun to see him take in the world around him.
A couple of weeks ago we had playgroup at our house. So can you guess what the Letter of the day was? That's right "V" for volcanoes. We played games and did activities that corresponded with the letter "V". But the kids favorite activity was when they made their own volcano and had it erupt. Oh the joys that vinegar and baking soda can bring to a child's life! For snack time they also enjoyed a volcano cake and vegetables. The kids has so much fun and the best part was that is was easy. Now I am just waiting to see what Carters next interest will be. And in the meantime I am just enjoying this part of his childhood!
8 comments:
Oh so fun - way to go Mama! Seeing and reading this post made me remember all the fun times I had doing preschool with you and others, especially my own kiddos :)
P.S. Excited to see you soon and go ride the train at McCormick Ranch :)
That cake volcanoe is awesome! It is funny what a small world that Shalae is your cousin. Definitly call me it would be fun to see you. I leave Thursday. I dont know when you come in or if that works.
So fun! What a cool cake, and a fun playdate! See you next week!
Volcano erupting? How clever of Carter and Momma. Can;'t wait to see you soon.
What a smart kid you have! And what a great mom to make it such a fun play group!!
That is SO STINKIN' cute! Wow! Easy? Huh. You're amazing. I'll have to put this in my file of very cool stuff to do with my kiddos! I'm excited to see you soon!
wow, i love it! how cool! imay have to copy that for a boy thing when they are a bit older! and love your family pics, thay are great!
kiara talked to nathan for like 45 minutes at gen conference, said he looks great!
Post a Comment